What is Surfeit in Tagalog?
SURFEIT IN TAGALOG – There are several English words that do not have a direct translation in Filipino, that’s why we need context to fully translate them.
In this article, we are going to learn about the Tagalog translation of this word based on context.
Surfeit means an extra amount of something.
In Tagalog, it can be translated as “LABIS.”
Here are some example sentences using this word:
- A surfeit of emotion could bring out the compassion in you.
- We had such a surfeit of food during the holidays that we gave a large portion of it to the family across the street.
- The charity would like to collect a surfeit of clothing to distribute to the homeless.
- When the store manager accidentally ordered a surfeit of pencils and pens, he was unable to sell the extra items and decided to donate them to a local school.
- We have a surfeit of natural resources to aid development.
In Tagalog, the aforementioned sentences could be translated as:
- Ang labis na emosyon ay maaaring maglabas ng habag sa iyo.
- Nagkaroon kami ng sobrang dami ng pagkain sa panahon ng bakasyon na ibinigay namin ang malaking bahagi nito sa pamilya sa kabilang kalye.
- Nais ng charity na mangolekta ng maraming damit upang ipamahagi sa mga walang tirahan.
- Nang aksidenteng umorder ang manager ng tindahan ng labis na mga lapis at panulat, hindi niya naibenta ang mga karagdagang bagay at nagpasya na ibigay ang mga ito sa isang lokal na paaralan.
- Mayroon tayong labis na likas na yaman upang makatulong sa pag-unlad.
You may also read: Tiresome in Tagalog – English to Tagalog Translation
Thank you for visiting Philnews.ph. You may express your thoughts and reactions below through the comment section. You may also follow us on Facebook, on Twitter, and subscribe to our YouTube channel Philnews Ph.