What is Compunction in Tagalog?
COMPUNCTION IN TAGALOG – There are several English words that do not have a direct translation in Filipino, that’s why we need context to fully translate them.
In this article, we are going to learn about the Tagalog translation of this word based on context.
Compunction means a feeling of deep regret, usually for some misdeed. In other words, it means a feeling of guilt or moral scruple that prevents or follows the doing of something bad.
In Tagalog, it can be translated as “PAGSISISI.”
Here are some example sentences using this word:
- Mark felt no compunction to answer any of these allegations.
- He stole the money without the slightest compunction.
- The serial killer showed no compunction when his guilty verdict was announced.
- The drunk driver showed no compunction after killing an innocent person.
- Helen divorced her husband because he never seemed to feel any compunction about lying to her.
- Even though Roger was on a strict diet, he felt little compunction after eating three donuts.
In Tagalog, the aforementioned sentences could be translated as:
- Tila walang pagsisisi si Mark habang sinasagot ang mga alegasyon tungkol sa kanya.
- Ninakaw niya ang pera nang walang kaunting pagsisisi.
- Ang serial killer ay hindi nagpakita ng pagsisisi nang ipahayag ang hatol sa kanya.
- Ang lasing na driver ay hindi nagpakita ng pagsisi matapos makapatay ng isang inosenteng tao.
- Hiniwalayan ni Helen ang kanyang asawa dahil tila hindi siya nakaramdam ng anumang pagsisisi sa pagsisinungaling sa kanya.
- Kahit na si Roger ay nasa isang mahigpit na diyeta, hindi siya nakaramdam ng kaunting pagsisisi pagkatapos kumain ng tatlong donut.
You may also read: Puerile in Tagalog – English to Tagalog Translation
Thank you for visiting Philnews.ph. You may express your thoughts and reactions below through the comment section. You may also follow us on Facebook, on Twitter, and subscribe to our YouTube channel Philnews Ph.