What Is Contempt In Tagalog? (Answer)
CONTEMPT IN TAGALOG – There are several Filipino words that do not have a direct translation in English, that’s why we need context to fully translate them.
In this article, we are going to learn about the Tagalog translation of the word “Contempt” based on context.
Contempt can be translated as “paghamak, paglapastangan, pagsuway”. Here are some example sentences translated from English to Taglaog:
- Of course, when expressing how you feel, the tone of your voice should not be laced with bitterness or contempt.
- Peter felt contempt when he was betrayed by his best friend.
- Such contempt for the value of life is still widespread.
- He felt contempt for the classes he was taking so he didn’t study for it at all.
- She showed his contempt for his job by doing it very badly
In Tagalog, these sentences can be translated as:
- Sabihin pa, kapag ipinahahayag mo ang iyong nadarama, ang tono ng iyong boses ay dapat na walang kasamang galit o paghamak.
- Naramdaman ni peter ang pagsuway ng siya’y tiniraidor ng kanyang pinakamatalik na kaibigan.
- Laganap pa rin ang gayong paghamak sa halaga ng buhay.
- Nakaramdam siya ng paglapastangan sa kanyang klaseng kinukuha kaya naman hindi na ito nag-aaral para dito.
- Ipinakita niya ang kanyang paghamak sa kanyang trabaho sa pamamagitan ng paggawa nito ng napakasama.
For other English-Tagalog translations…