Duterte Looking Into Study Proposing MGCQ For Entire PH Come March
DUTERTE LOOKING AT MGCQ For PH – President Rodrigo Duterte said he was carefully studying plans to implement a modified general community quarantine (MGCQ) for the entirety of the Philippines.
Last March 2020, the Philippines implemented its first quarantine, the enhanced community quarantine. Since then, the Philippines imposed quarantine after quarantine in critical areas.
This time, the President wishes to tackle another recommendation that places all of the Philippines under an MGCQ. According to Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque, this was still only a recommendation.
Furthermore, he emphasized that President Duterte is currently studying the proposal. Along with this, Roque said Duterte wanted to tackle the issue in the next Cabinet meeting next Monday, February 22.
National Economic and Development Authority Chief Karl Chua recommended the proposal to lessen the impact of the virus to the economy. He explained that the nationwide MGCQ was aimed to mitigate poverty and income loss amid the pandemic.
Meanwhile, with the confirmation of the new UK virus strain in the Philippines, medical experts and researchers warn of a possible outbreak. Currently, critical areas such as Metro Manila and Cordillera are under GCQ.
Thanks for reading. We aim to provide our readers with the freshest and most in-demand content. Come back next time for the latest news here on Philnews.