What Is Dream? Definition And Usage Of This Term
WHAT IS DREAM – In this topic, we will first know the definition of this term and how is this term used in sentences.
The Oxford Dictionary defines the term as the following:
- a series of thoughts, images, and sensations occurring in a person’s mind during sleep.
- a cherished aspiration, ambition, or ideal.
- a person or thing perceived as wonderful or perfect.
- an unrealistic or self-deluding fantasy.
- experience dreams during sleep.
- contemplate the possibility of doing something or that something might be the case.
On the other hand, the Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines this term as the following:
- a series of thoughts, images, or emotions occurring during sleep
- something notable for its beauty, excellence, or enjoyable quality
- a strongly desired goal or purpose
- to have a series of thoughts, images, or emotions while sleeping
- to consider as a possibility
Here are some of the following synonyms of this term:
It is a Middle English term of related origin, which is related to the Dutch droom and German Traum.
Here are some of the examples:
- Since her dream, she’d heard him even when she was awake.
- No doubt he didn’t like being reminded that her dream could only be achieved by unnatural methods.
- The dream faded, and Jule slumped to the ground again, unable to fight the darkness.
- Pierre did not understand what his benefactor was saying, but he knew (the categories of thoughts were also quite distinct in his dream) that he was talking of goodness and the possibility of being what they were.