What Is Tropical? Definition And Usage Of This Term
WHAT IS TROPICAL – In this topic, we will first know the definition of the term “tropical” and how is this term used in sentences.
The Oxford Dictionary described this term as the following:
- of, typical of, or peculiar to the tropics.
- resembling the tropics, especially in being very hot and humid.
- archaic term which means
- of or involving a trope; figurative
On the other hand, the Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines this term as the following:
- of, relating to, occurring in, or suitable for use in the tropics
- of, being, or characteristic of a region or climate that is frost-free with temperatures high enough to support year-round plant growth given sufficient moisture
Synonyms and Antonyms
Here are the following synonyms and antonyms of this term:
- very hot
- baking hot
Here are some of the examples:
- I wanted to escape winter and visit some tropical location where freezing to death would not be a possibility
- In tropical waters a sea snake is found, which, though very poisonous, rarely bites.
- The plant generally understood by this name is Nepenthes, a genus containing nearly sixty species, natives of tropical Asia, north Australia and (one only) of Madagascar.