NBI did this action regarding the fake news complaint against Mocha Uson
The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) issued a subpoena to OWWA Deputy Administrator Mocha Uson regarding the fake news complaint against her.
To recall, based on the Twitter post of ABS-CBN reporter Niko Baua, a netizen filed a complaint against the post of Uson last month. It was regarding the PPE’s that the Department of Health allegedly purchased and distributed.
Following that, Uson apologized after she received criticisms from netizens who disproved what she said. Netizens defended that the personal protective equipment were donations from a company.
In the complaint, it was cited that the post of Uson is considered fake news. The complainant also said that under the Bayanihan Heal As One Act fake news peddlers may be penalized.
On May 13, a copy of the subpoena from was released online demanding the presence of the appointed government official to appear on May 18, 2020 at the given address in order to present her evidence in the investigation.
Cybercrime Division Chief Vic Lorenzo of the bureau said that there is no charges yet filed against Uson. Summoning the OWWA official is part of the investigation as she will be given a chance to release her statement and explain her social media post, Lorenzo said.
He added that they have been investigation fake news complaints and online threats against all officials, especially if there is a complainant. As of the writing, Mocha Uson has not released yet any statement regarding the subpoena.
It is not the first time that the former dancer-turned-public servant has received bashing or complaint against her social media posts. Read: List Of Fake News Allegedly Posted By Mocha Uson © Inquirer
What can you say about this?