The Philippines Has Now 10 Laboratories to Conduct COVID-19 Testing
The Philippines has now ten (10) laboratories that can conduct as much as recommended testing for the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) per day.
In a Facebook post of the Department of Health (DOH), they share the list of laboratories that are in full implementation for COVID-19 testing.
Here is the list:
- Baguio General Hospital and Medical Center in Baguio City (150 tests a day)
- San Lazaro Hospital in Manila City (60 to 100 tests a day)-Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center in Cebu City (240 tests a day)
- Southern Philippines Medical Center in Davao City (100 tests a day)
- UP National Institutes of Health in Manila City (80 tests a day)
- Lung Center of the Philippines in Quezon City (100 tests a day)
- Western Visayas Medical Center in Iloilo City (80 tests a day)
- Bicol Public Health Laboratory in Legazpi City
- St. Luke’s Medical Center in Quezon City
- Research Institute for Tropical Medicine in Muntinlupa City (900 tests a day)
Based on the report of Inquirer, the ten laboratories (Stage 5) in the country so far can conduct at 1,710 coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) test a day. Meanwhile, 4 are in Stage 4, 1 is in Stage 3, 20 are in Stage 2, and 44 are in Stage 1 and being assessed and being prepared to handle tests for the disease.
“We currently have 10 laboratories that are in full implementation (Stage 5) of the COVID-19 testing, 4 are in Stage 4, 1 is in Stage 3, 20 are in Stage 2, and 44 are in Stage 1,” the DOH said in a Facebook post.
3,000 COVID-19 tests per day, is the targeted test to conduct by April 14 and 8,000 tests per day by the end of April. As of now, the total coronavirus cases confirmed in PH now is 3,660.
The death toll, as based on the previous article, eleven new deaths were confirmed bringing the total to 163. While there are 73 people listed on the recoveries.
What can you say about this article? Just feel free to leave your reactions in the comment section.