Metro Manila Churches and Convents Offers Shelter to Medical Frontliners
Several churches and convents in Metro Manila have opened their doors to provide shelters for medical frontliners battling against coronavirus.
According to the report of GMA News, food and shelter will be provided to health workers and hospital staff as churches and convents opened their doors to help frontliners who help to fight coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
In an interview, AMRSP executive secretary Rev. Fr. Angel Cortez, OFM, said the initiative is being led by Bishop Pablo Virgilio “Ambo” David, who emphasized in a recent message that the Church would have no stranger to open its doors at times such as the COVID-19 pandemic if where sickness dives into the world.
He also mentioned Pope Francis’ recent blessing in Rome and encouraged other churches and members to open their hearts and “not be afraid” of facing current challenges.
“Para sa mga religious convents (and) churches, katulad ng mensahe ng Santo Papa sa kanyang blessing the other night, huwag po tayong matakot dahil itong mga pagkakataong ito ay pagsubok sa ating pananampalataya,” Dr. Cortez said.
“Wala tayong ibang dapat gawin kung ‘di magmalasakit, tumulong, at iabot ang natin ang ating kamay, dahil kung sama-sama tayo, ay malalampasan natin ito,” he added.
Here is the list of churches and convents:
- St. Mary’s College (37 Mother Ignacia Ave., Diliman, QC)
- St. Anthony’s Shrine (254 Manrique St., Sampaloc, Manila)
- Convent of the Holy Spirit (Immaculate Concepcion, 1111 Poinsettia St., QC)
- Franciscan Missionaries of Mary Convent (2499 Beata St., Pandacan, Manila)
- Archdiocesan Shrine of Nuestra Senora de Guia (M.H. Del Pilar Street, Ermita, Manila)
- OFM Provincial House – San Pedro Bautista Province (69 San Pedro St., SFDM, QC)
- St. John Bosco Parish Makati (Antonio Arnaiz Avenue cor. Amorsolo Street Makati)
Meanwhile, Fr. Cortez said that front liners who have come to stay at the shelters are also provided with transportation going to their designated hospitals.
What can you say about this article? Just feel free to leave your reactions in the comment section.