CSC Civil Service Exam PPT Schedule, Applicaton, Requirements
CSC – The Civil Service Commission (CSC) released the schedule of the Civil Service Exam – Pen and Paper Test for the year 2020.
The official post from the Civil Service Commission stated that the first schedule of CSE-PPT is set to be conducted on March 15, 2020. As for the second set, it will be on August 9, 2020.
Application and Schedule
Application is still ongoing since December 16, 2019 until January 15, 2020 (Wednesday). However, the agency said that the applications may be closed earlier than the set deadline if the Regional Offices or the Field Offices have already reached the target number of applicants.
In that case, the application for the second set of examinations will be on May 11 to June 10.
Applications must be filed at the nearby Civil Service Commission Regional Office (CSCRO) where the applicant wish to take the examination.
Qualification and Requirements
As per the article from the PRCBoard, it is open to all Filipinos who wish to be eligible and work at local government positions.
Here are the following qualifications (NOTE: This can also be read from the back sheet of the application form, which can be found here):
- Must be Filipino Citizen
- Must be of good moral character
- Must have not been convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude, or disgraceful or immoral conduct, dishonesty, examination irregularity, drunkenness or addiction to drugs;
- Must have not been dishonorably discharged from military service or dismissed for cause from any civilian positions in the government; and
- For Career Service Examination applicants:
- must be at least 18 years of age on the date of filing of application.
- must have not taken the same level of Career Service Examination, regardless of mode, within the last three (3) months before the date of examination.
- Approval of applications may be recalled any time upon discovery of applicant’s disqualification, for which the examination fees paid shall be forfeited.
- Applicants holding dual citizenship under R.A. 9225 may apply for and take the examination upon presentation of original and photocopy of Certification of Retention/Reacquisition of Philippine Citizenship from the Bureau of Immigration, and meeting of all the other admission and application requirements for the examination.
- Applicants with pending administrative and/or criminal cases may take the examination and shall be conferred the eligibility if they successfully pass the same. However, this is without prejudice to the outcome of their pending cases. If they are found guilty, their eligibility shall be forfeited based on the penalties stated in the decision and under existing Civil Service Law and Rules.
- Passers of the regular Bar examination given by the Supreme Court of the Philippines and of Board examinations given by the PRC are automatically granted a civil service eligibility. They are automatically considered as civil service eligibles pursuant to CSC Resolution No. 90-1212. Thus, they may opt not to apply and take the corresponding examination anymore. Also, individuals who were granted the Honor Graduate Eligibility (HGE) pursuant to P.D. 907 may opt not to apply and take the corresponding examination anymore.
Here are the following requirements:
- Fully accomplished Application Form (CS Form No. 100 Revised September 2016);
- Four (4) pieces of identical I.D. pictures with specifications, as follows:
- taken within the last three (3) months prior to filing of application
- Philippine passport picture size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.78” x 1.38”)
- colored, with white background and printed on good quality photo paper
- in standard close-up shot (from shoulder level up with the head and face occupying at least 80% of the picture and with the name tag positioned at approximately 1 inch or 2.54 cm. below the chin)
- in bare face (with no eyeglasses, colored contact lens, or any accessories that may cover the facial features (facial features not computer enhanced)
- showing left and right ears
- taken in full-face view directly facing the camera, with neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- with handwritten (not computer-generated) name tag legibly showing signature over printed full name in the format: First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name, and Extension Name, if any
- Original and photocopy of any of the following I.D. cards, which must be valid (not expired upon filing of application), and contains the name, clear picture, date of birth and signature of applicant, and the name and signature of the issuing agency’s current head/authorized representative: Driver’s License, Passport, PRC ID, SSS ID, GSIS ID/ GSIS UMID ID, Philhealth ID (must at least contain the applicant’s name, clear picture, signature and Philhealth number), current Company/Office ID, current School ID (validated for the current school year/semester/trimester), Postal ID, BIR ID (ATM type/TIN card type with picture), Barangay ID, Voter’s ID, Police Clearance/Police Clearance Certificate, or NBI Clearance (Note: All other ID cards NOT included in the list shall NOT be accepted).
- For applicants without date of birth in their I.D. card/s, original and photocopy of Birth Certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (formerly National Statistics Office) or the Local Civil Registry printed on Security Paper (SecPa).
- For applicants holding dual citizenship under R.A. 9225, original and photocopy of Certification of Retention/Re-acquisition of Philippine Citizenship issued by the Bureau of Immigration.
- Examination fee of ₱500 for the CSE-PPT, or PhP680 for the CSC COMEX. For fees and additional application requirements of other examinations, please see related Examination Announcement.