Duterte Bans Vaping & Importation Of E-Cigarettes
DUTERTE BANS VAPING – President Rodrigo Duterte said on Tuesday that he would ban vaping in public places.
In a measure to protect public safety and health, the President has ordered the ban of vaping and e-cigarettes in public. This was following reports of the first case of vaping related lung injury in the country.
According to the Department of Health Secretary Francisco Duque III, the victim was not asthmatic. However, she had been using an e-cigarette for four months since March.
With this development, her pulmonologist said that he was in continuous communication with the DOH for updates on her condition.
” I will ban it. I will ban it, the use and importation”, said the President. Adding to this, he said that he wanted to ban vaping because it is toxic.
Along with this, Duterte also warned violators of his new order. He said that those who do not oblige would be arrested.
“Better stop it because I will order your arrest if you do it in a room. I am now ordering the law-enforcement agencies to arrest anybody vaping in public. That is like smoking”President Rodrigo Duterte
The President also said that he would ban the importation of e-cigarettes as well. During his statement, he was asked by a reporter if there would be an executive order for the ban soon.
With this, Duterte said “Yes, surely but na una na, hindi na kailangan”. However, he emphasized that he has the urgent power to have authorities execute his order and that the EO would just follow.
Thanks for reading. We aim to provide our readers with the freshest and most in-demand content. Come back next time for the latest news here on Philnews.
Like this article? READ ALSO: FDA Urges Gov’t Hospitals To Report Illnesses & Injuries Related to Vaping