Here are the reasons why netizens want 4Ps to be abolished
Several netizens expressed the reason why they want the 4Ps or the Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program of the Philippine government to be abolished.
This program is formerly known as Ahon Pamilyang Pilipino. It attended to provide cash assistance to less fortunate families in the country.
According to the Official Gazette of the government, the program has two objectives:
- social assistance, giving monetary support to extremely poor families to respond to their immediate needs; and
- social development, breaking the intergenerational poverty cycle by investing in the health and education of poor children through programs such as:
- health check-ups for pregnant women and children aged 0 to 5;
- deworming of schoolchildren aged 6 to 14;
- enrollment of children in daycare, elementary, and secondary schools; and
- family development sessions.
On the other hand, several netizens wanted this to be abolished because of certain reasons they personally observed.
There are those who said that the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) observes the “palakasan” system in identifying the beneficiaries.
One netizen commented that the money given to 4Ps beneficiaries is just wasted for vices and gambling. Some pointed out that recipients are not working for their livelihood and just depending on what they received.
For this, one netizen said that the government should provide jobs instead.
Another netizen pointed out that the DSWD should have a new system in selecting the deserving families to receive the assistance.
There was one netizen who also said that even families who can afford to provide are receiving money from the government.
What can you say about this?
READ ALSO: Bb. Pilipinas 2019: 10 Finalists In National Costume, Top 3 Best In Talent