Here are some of the facts about the Bar Exams in the Philippines
These facts and trivia about the Bar Exams in the Philippines are indeed mind-blowing.
The Bar Examinations in the country is one of the most-awaited results every year and here the things that you should know.
1901 – first examination
1954 – the highest recorded percentage of passer (75.17 percent)
1999 – the lowest recorded percentage of passer (16.50 percent)
1913 to 2016 – the University of the Philippines (UP) had the most number of topnotchers with the total of 48 out of 104 (next is Ateneo with 22 and San Beda with 8)
Florenz Regalado – former Supreme Court (SC) Justice who obtained the highest point in the history of bar examination with 96.70 percent in 1954
Presidents and Vice Presidents of the Philippines who were Top Placers
– Manuel Roxas (5th President), from University of the Philippines (UP), got 92 percent
– Diosdado Macapagal (9th President), from University of Santo Tomas (UST), got 89.85 percent
– Ferdinand Marcos (10th President), from University of the Philippines (UP), got 93.35 percent
– Emmanuel Pelaez (former Vice President), topped the Bar Exam in 1938
– President Rodrigo Duterte is also a bar taker in 1972 but he was non-placer.
Tecla San Andres-Ziga – first woman to who topped the exam back in 1930 with 89.4 percent score, she is former Senator
Francisco Noel Fernandez – failed his first take in 1993 but he topped the exam a year after that with 89.2 percent
Jose Diokno – topped the bar in 1944 as he petitioned the SC to let him take the exams but he did not finish in law school, he got 95.3 percent which is the same score that the UP valedictorian got, he is the only person who topped both the bar and the CPA board exam
(note: as of 2018)
What can you say about this Bar Exam facts and trivia?