Arnold Clavio explains previous disagreement between Karen Davila.
ARNOLD CLAVIO- GMA News Anchor and journalist Arnold Clavio clarifies motive on calling out ABS-CBN newscaster Karen Davila on his Instagram post.
Based on a previous report, earlier this year, the two previously had a dispute on social media when Davila allegedly lamented the former’s radio segment in ‘Saksi sa Dobol B’ alongside with co-hosts Susan and Mike Enriquez.
Davila wrote on her official Twitter account that she was dismayed by the blunt actions of some of her colleagues for purportedly making fun of the withdrawal order of the Securities and Exchange Commission against Rappler’s operating license.
“YES! Key words – solidarity & courage. It saddens me to hear some colleagues making jokes on air on Rappler being shut down or which one’s next,” the latter wrote which Clavio assumed was referring to their radio show, ‘Balitawit’.
— Karen Davila (@iamkarendavila) January 18, 2018
The GMA broadcaster then took to Instagram after having seen Davila’s tweet, noting that she totally missed their point as she did not watch the segment personally and just looked for gossips.
According to a report in PEP.ph, Clavio exposed in a recent interview that he had not gotten a chance to talk with his co-anchor with regards to the issue yet.
“Wala. Wala, wala kahit yung… Yung husband niya kasi, kaibigan ko din, si DJ, nagtanong siya. E, di daw siya active sa Twitter, sabi ko, ‘Di bale na lang,’ he said.
Clavio, as per his statement, said he tried reaching out to Davila privately through DMs and text messages but received no response,
The Kapuso broadcaster further added that his post was just meant to remind Davila of social media etiquette given that he was her senior.
Clavio and Davila worked together in several documentary shows in the Kapuso Network including ‘Radar’ and ‘Brigada Siete’ before Davila finally shifted to her now home network ABS-CBN.