≡ Menu ≡ Category

CHED Scholarship Application & Requirements: How to Apply

The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) announced that the financial assistance for college enrollment can submit their scholarship application and requirements. CHED offers full and half merit scholarship under Student Financial Assistance Program (StudFAPs), grant-in-aid programs and student loan program under Study Now Pay Later Plan (SNPLP).

Update: For the Complete Information on How to Apply Visit the official CHED Website for StudFAPs

Based upon the previous scholarship availability of CHED it is usually announced in February while the application period runs through March and April.

CHED Scholars can avail of the following benefits:

Financial Assistance

  • Full Merit Program – P15,000 per semester
  • Half Merit Program – P7,500 per semester
  • Tulong Dunong grant-in-aid – P6,000 per semester
  • Study Now Pay Later Plan – P7,500 per semester

Here’s the details of qualifications, requirements and steps based on the Latest CHED Memorandum Order No. 29 series of 2009 as amended by No. 07 and 56 of 2012. One of the requirement lifted is the NCAE results.


Check the details of the CHED Scholarship application below:


1. Must be a Filipino citizen of good moral character.
2. Must not be more than 30 years of age at the time of application except for senior citizens;
3. Must be a high school graduate or a candidate for graduation;
4. Must have a combined annual gross income of parents/guardian not to exceed P300,000.000. For those who are exempted from filing income tax, there should be a certificate of tax exemption from the BIR. For OFW and seafarers, a latest copy of contract or proof of income.
5. Must not be a recipient of any government scholarship and financial assistance.

Documentary Requirements

1. CHED StuFAPs Application (OSS Form 01);
2. Duly certified HighSchool Report Card for third year and grades for the first three grading periods for fourth year:
3. Latest Income Tax Return(ITR), Certificate of Tax Exemption or Copy of Contract or proof of income of parents/guardian from Bureau of Internal Revenue;
4. Certificate of good moral character from the high school principal/guidance counselor;

How to Apply?

1. Get a copy of CHED StuFAPs application form from CHED offices or download it: Click here. (Click the link to download)
2. Fully accomplished the form and submit it to CHED Regional Offices together with all documentary requirements mentioned above.
3. After evaluation, CHED will contact/mail you regarding status of your application. Based on their timeline, notice of award to qualified applicants is issued in April but sometimes may be delayed to May or June.

StuFAP Application Form

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share to StumbleUpon More...

About the author: Ed Umbao is a former tuba-gatherer from Bantayan Island. Previously worked as an OFW in Saudi Arabia, now a full-time blogger sans technical ability.

{ 413 comments… add one }

Leave a Comment