The Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) announced on August 22, 2013 that they will grant emergency loan to more than 200,000 members who worked or reside in areas devastated by tropical storm Maring and declared under a state of calamity by the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC).
According to GSIS President and General Manager Robert G. Vergara, GSIS members may either apply for the loan in any GSIS branch under its “file anywhere” policy or through its 147 GSIS Wireless Automated Processing System (GWAPS) kiosks stationed in the calamity areas located in provincial capitols, city halls, municipal offices, large agencies and selected Robinsons Malls. GSIS Portable kiosks will be deployed also in worst-hit areas to facilitate the loan application of affected members.
General Manager Vergara added further that GSIS qualified members may apply for the loan beginning on August 22. The loan proceeds will be credited to their eCard accounts by Saturday, August 24, 2013 at the earliest.
GSIS Calamity Loan Application:
- Eligible members may borrow Php200,000 payabel in 36 equal monthly installment.
- They may renew their emergency loans upon payment of at least 12 monthly amortizations.
- GSIS members may avail of the loan if they are working or residing in areas declared in a state of calamity;
- not on leave of absence without pay;
- have no arrearages in the payment of mandatory social insurance contributions;
- and have no loan that has been declared in default.
Procedures: How to apply for GSIS Calamity Loan
- Eligible members can avail of the Emergency Loan using their eCard Plus on any GSIS Wireless Automated Processing System (G-W@PS) kiosk installed in all GSIS servicing offices and in select government offices.
- Members need to first place his eCard Plus on the card reader of the kiosk.
- Place any of his pre-selected fingers on the fingerprint biometric scanner of the kiosk.
- Using the touch screen monitor on G-W@PS, a member must select “emergency loan,” from the list available on the loan menu
- Follow the simple instructions that will be displayed on the screen to complete the transaction.
Over-the-counter Application for GSIS Calamity Loan:
Elegible members can also apply for the Emergency Loan through over-the-counter (OTC) application to be filed in GSIS offices covering the above mentioned calamity-declared areas. To apply for the emergency loan via OTC, members have to accomplish an application form.
For queries about the loan program, members may call the GSIS hotline at (02) 847.4747 or visit the GSIS office nearest them.
Watch the video report from ABS-CBN: