Shopping Mall Magnate Henry Sy retained it’s previous ranking as the Philippines’ richest man according to the latest list by Forbes Magazine. The 87-year old Sy and his family has a net worth of $9.1 billion, or about P385 billion.
Henry Sy was the man behind one of the Philippines most successful conglomerates, the SM Investments, BDO and condominium developer SMDC. In terms of world rankings, Henry Sy came in 116th in Forbes’ list of the world’s billionaires.
The second richest person in the Philippines was Lucio Tan and family, who was estimated to have a net worth of $4.5 billion, or about P190 billion. Some of the investment of Lucio Tan was with Philip Morris, Philippine Airlines, a substantial interest in which he sold to long-time beverage rival, San Miguel Corp.
Third on the list of the richest Filipino was port operator Enrique Razon Jr., who was credited with a net worth of $3.6 billion, or about P152 billion.
Here are the rest of Richest Filipino according to Forbes:
- John Gokongwei Jr. – $3.2 billion, or about P135 billion
- David Consunji and family – $2.7 billion, or about P114 billion
- Andrew Tan – $2.3 billion
- Jaime Zobel de Ayala and family – $2.2 billion
- George Ty and family – $1.7 billion
- Roberto Ongpin – $1.5 billion
- Eduardo Cojuangco – $1.4 billion