What is Abandon in Tagalog?
ABANDON IN TAGALOG – There are several English words that do not have a direct translation in Filipino, that’s why we need context to fully translate them.
In this article, we are going to learn about the Tagalog translation of this word based on context.
Abandon means cease to support or look after someone or give up completely.
In Tagalog, it can be translated as “IWANAN.”
Here are some example sentences using this word:
- By the time the rebel troops arrived, the village had already been abandoned.
- We were sinking fast, and the captain gave the order to abandon the ship.
- She couldn’t abandon her babies to him, even if he was their father.
- The approaching fire forced hundreds of people to abandon their homes.
- People often simply abandon their pets when they go abroad.
- Rescuers were forced to abandon their search.
- Snow forced many drivers to abandon their vehicles.
- They abandoned the dog because they could no longer take care of it.
In Tagalog, the aforementioned sentences could be translated as:
- Sa oras na dumating ang mga tropang rebelde, ang nayon ay inabandona na.
- Mabilis kaming lumubog, kaya’t nag-utos ang kapitan na iwanan ang barko.
- Hindi niya kayang iwanan ang kanyang mga sanggol sa kanya, kahit na siya ang kanilang ama.
- Dahil sa paparating na apoy, daan-daang tao ang nag-abandona sa kanilang mga tahanan.
- Ang mga tao ay madalas na iniiwan ang kanilang mga alagang hayop kapag sila ay pumupunta sa ibang bansa
- Napilitan ang mga rescuer na abandonahin ang kanilang paghahanap.
- Dahil sa niyebe, maraming tsuper ang napilitang iwanan ang kanilang mga sasakyan.
- Iniwan nila ang aso dahil hindi na nila ito kayang alagaan.
You may also read: Enslave in Tagalog – English to Tagalog Translation