SIQUIJOR TRAVEL GUIDE – Here are some tips on what to do if you plan on taking a vacation in this place.
If it’s your first time in Siquijor, you’d surely get intimidated by the magical and mystical stories about this place. However, this is not the sole reason why this island is famous. This place is famous for a reason and this is because of itself – its beauty and its paradise-life vibe. Here are some tips for you!
Siquijor Island – Getting Around, Fun Activities To Do
Here are some details about Siquijor Island and the things you can do around here, first-timer or not.
SIQUIJOR ISLAND – Philippines’ “Island Of Fire” has quite a reputation but behind the stories is a paradise where you can do so much.
By reputation, Siquijor is a place with stories about witchcraft and black magic, just like how it’s called – enchanting and mystical. Most people in the Philippines are surely aware of this but this does not stop them from going to this place.
Why is that so? It is because of its paradise-like beauty and the kind of peace they are looking for that they will never find in the city.
Siquijor can be reached in many ways but the main gateway is Dumaguete City if you are going there through flights. There are direct flights from the airport in Manila to the airport of Duma.
From Duma’s airport, take a transfer to the port and catch a ferry going to Siquijor. Another option is taking a ferry from Cebu or Bohol to Larena Port
In terms of hotels and hotels, a lot of accommodations in Siquijor are available to give you shelter. And as you go around, you should not miss visiting the breathtaking natural wonders, cultural attractions, and Siquijor’s famous tourist spots.
Here are some details you should know once you visit this place:
- There is a limited option in terms of transportation on the island. You may drive a motorcycle but if you don’t know how to do this, you have two other choices:
- Tricycle Tour which is worth Php 1,000.00 to Php 1,200.00 for up to three people.
- Multi-cab Tour which is worth Php 1,800.00 per vehicle. This is ideal for big groups.
- You may avail of two main tours or choose just one from the two such as Coastal Tour and Mountain Tour. The coastal tour is going around beaches, churches, and others while the mountain tour can reach farther destinations like Cantabon Cave and Bandilaan Park.
- You should also not miss the fun of experiencing the famous Siquijor’s human drone which is a viral thing over the internet.
- January to May is the best time to visit while the ideal is from February to May as these months are the driest.
- ATMs are few on the island so it’s better to withdraw if you come from Cebu or Dumaguete.
Behind the chilling stories is a different kind of paradise only this place can offer. If you are seeking relaxation, adventure, or a deeper connection with nature or all three of these things, you must go here!
What can you say about this? Let us know!