Kai Sotto Cleared to Join Gilas Pilipinas to Play for FIBA World Cup
KAI SOTTO – Young basketball player has already acquired the clearance to join Philippines basketball team Gilas Pilipinas to play for FIBA World Cup.
Al Panlilio, President of the Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas (SBP), said that the young basketball player has been cleared to rejoin Gilas Pilipinas training. Sotto’s doctor has cleared him for full-contact basketball, according to Panlilio.
“Our doctors met the doctors of Kai, and they’ve cleared him,” Panlilio said in the special session of the Philippine Sportswriters Association (PSA).
“He’s been cleared to play and again, we’re looking forward to seeing him play also in the friendlies to get ready, for everybody to get ready when the games start on the 25th,” he added.
The original MRI test of the 7-foot-3 Sotto was not revealed to the SBP. However, the federation’s official doctor has previously met with the Filipino center to discuss his health.
“Kai and our doctors led by Doctor Randy Moli met. And they cleared him to play,” Panlilio added, based on the article of Spin PH.
As a result, Sotto has already signed the contract offered to him by Gilas team manager Butch Antonio. Panlilio stated that he will officially sign the deal later today after receiving the documents signed by Sotto.
Gilas Pilipinas’ World Cup campaign will kick off on August 25 against the Dominican Republic at the Philippine Arena in Bocaue, Bulacan. Gilas’ offense will be led by Sotto and Jordan Clarkson. From August 25 to September 10, the Philippines, Japan, and Indonesia will host the FIBA World Cup.
What are your thoughts on this article? Just feel free to leave your reactions in the comment section.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. We aim to give the freshest and in-demand content to our visitors. Come back next time at Philnews for more updated news.