Pia Guanio and Sam YG received offers from TAPE Inc.
TV host Pia Guanio and Sam YG decided to turn down the offers from TAPE Inc to host the “new” Eat Bulaga” and here are the reasons they cited.
Pia and Sam became Dabarkads for many years. They were part of the longest-running noontime show in the Philippines. For many years, they joined the daily noontime habit of many Filipinos.
Following the decision of veteran hosts Tito Sotto, Vic Sotto, and Joey de Leon, together with other hosts and the show’s staff to depart from TAPE Inc., several names surfaced as replacements.
Based on the PEP, Pia Guanio and Sam YG received offers from the production company owned by the Jalosjos family to go back to Eat Bulaga. However, they both declined to be part of the new version of the popular noontime show.
It was said that Pia cited that aside from her family as her top priority, she also has a daily morning show, Kasa Umaga on Net25 and this is set to take the 10 AM timeslot. She was a host of the Kapuso noontime show from 2003 until 2021.
This hosting stint was indeed a great opportunity for Pia’s career. Just like her, Sam YG also turned down the offer to host EB again. The male TV host cited his daily radio show as his reason for declining.
On June 5, the “new” Eat Bulaga premiered with new hosts Paolo Contis, Buboy Villar, Betong Sumaya, Alexa Miro, and the Legaspi twins. This received mixed reactions from viewers and netizens. There were those who criticized the hosts, TAPE Inc, and the show itself. However, there were also those who defended the new version of the noontime show as they said that the new hosts deserve a chance to prove themselves.
Previously, it was reported that Jose Manalo, Wally Bayola, and Paolo Ballesteros also turned down the offer from TAPE Inc. to remain in the show.
What can you say about this?
RELATED ARTICLE: Eat Bulaga Issue: TVJ’s Departure Was “Bound To Happen” Says Bullet