Here’s a recent update on the Vhong Navarro Case
Vhong Navarro Case – The Court of Appeals (CA) junked the motion for reconsideration that Vhong Navarro filed to dismiss the charges filed against him by model Deniece Cornejo.
Vhong surrendered to the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) when the arrest warrant against him for acts of lasciviousness was issued. Although he paid P36,000 for bail, he was still detained because of the warrant of arrest for the rape case against him with no bail recommended.
His camp filed a motion for reconsideration to dismiss Deniece’s complaints, however, the CA rejected his plea. Based on the report from ABS-CBN, CA Special Fourteenth Division released a 7-page ruling dated September 20.
The ruling denied the actor’s “motions for reconsideration and for the issuance of a status quo ante order which sought to stop implementing the appellate court’s earlier ruling ordering the Taguig Office of City Prosecutor to file the charges.”
CA Associate Justice Florencio Mamauag, Jr. said in a resolution concurred in by associate justices Walter Ong and Mary Charlene Hernandez-Azura said that a “status quo ante order has the nature of a temporary restraining order.” “It is an established doctrine that injunction will not lie to enjoin a criminal prosecution,” the statement added.
Amid this legal battle, the actor’s camp stated that they are ready to fight and they are prepared with the evidence that would defend their side.
Previously, Atty. Ferdinand Topacio, the lawyer of Deniece Cornejo, stated that they are preparing to file contempt charges against Vhong Navarro’s lawyer, Atty. Alma Mallonga, and his wife Tanya Bautista because of their statements that are “sub judice in nature.”
What can you say about this?