Arjo Atayde Made a Revelation About his Proposal to Maine Mendoza
Arjo Atayde revealed that he planned to propose to his fiancée, actress Maine Mendoza, for nearly a year before eventually doing so last month.
This was revealed by the actor-congressman in an interview with MJ Felipe for “TV Patrol” last Thursday, August 11, as seen on the show’s Facebook page the same day. He also mentioned that Maine knows nothing about the said proposal on that day.
“I’ve been planning more than a year. Grateful it happened [at] the right time. So I just really waited for everything kasi of course, may mga nangyari and everything,” he said.
Based on the report of Inquirer.net, Arjo added that he asked Maine’s parents blessing for the actress’ hand in marriage. He also noted that Maine’s parents have been kind, understanding, and giving to him ever since, and with that he is very grateful.
When questioned if he and Maine will be engaged for a long time, Arjo believes Maine Mendoza should have the last say. However for the mean time, Arjo and Maine intend to travel, explore and enjoy their engagement before saying “I do”.
“That’s Maine’s decision for now. For me, I’m just here [for] whatever she wants,” he added
The report mentioned that Maine and Arjo announced their engagement on July 29, while Arjo proposed the day before, on July 28, which is significant for the couple because it falls on the anniversary of their first meeting. Aside from that, before she began her entertainment career with “Eat Bulaga,” Maine gushed over Arjo by posting “Arjo cute” on July 28, 2013.
The tweet has now been revived and netizens have begun using the word “cutie” to “manifest” what they want to achieve.
You may also visit: Maine Mendoza Engagement w/ Arjo Atayde, Here’s Post