What is Precedent in Tagalog?
PRECEDENT IN TAGALOG – There are several English words that do not have a direct translation in Filipino, that’s why we need context to fully translate them.
In this article, we are going to learn about the Tagalog translation of this word based on context.
Precedent means an earlier event or action that is regarded as an example or guide to be considered in subsequent similar circumstances.
In Tagalog, it can be translated as “ALINSUNURAN” or “PAMARISAN.”
Here are some example sentences using this word:
- The judge’s ruling was based on legal precedent.
- An epidemic on this scale is without precedent.
- Second, it’s a bad precedent to let a foreign navy sink one of our ships, even a rogue.
- Political ideology is taking precedent over the general welfare and concerns of the American public.
- The voters broke with precedent when they elected a woman to the position.
- This is a war that would have no precedent in human experience.
- The precedent was created, and since then all domestic online casinos have been completely banned.
In Tagalog, the aforementioned sentences could be translated as:
- Ang desisyon ng hukom ay batay sa legal na pamarisan.
- Ang isang epidemya sa sukat na ito ay walang alinsunuran.
- Pangalawa, masamang pamarisan na hayaan ang isang dayuhang hukbong-dagat na palububin ang isa sa ating mga barko, kahit isang buhong.
- Ang ideolohiyang pampulitika ay nangunguna sa pangkalahatang kapakanan at mga alalahanin ng publikong Amerikano.
- Sinira ng mga botante ang pamarisan nang maghalal sila ng isang babae sa posisyon.
- Ito ay isang digmaan na walang alinsunuran sa karanasan ng tao.
- Ang alinsunuran ay nilikha, at mula noon ang lahat ng mga domestic online na casino ay ganap na ipinagbawal.
You may also read: Revulsion in Tagalog – English to Tagalog Translation
Thank you for visiting Philnews.ph. You may express your thoughts and reactions below through the comment section. You may also follow us on Facebook, on Twitter, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.