What is Solemn in Tagalog?
SOLEMN IN TAGALOG – There are several English words that do not have a direct translation in Filipino, that’s why we need context to fully translate them.
In this article, we are going to learn about the Tagalog translation of this word based on context.
Solemn means not cheerful or smiling; serious.
In Tagalog, it can be translated as “PORMAL” or “TAIMTIM.”
Here are some example sentences using this word:
- The comedian’s fans were surprised to learn he would play a solemn character in his new film.
- Brock made a solemn promise to his girlfriend that he would never cheat on her again.
- The crowd was very solemn at the ceremony to remember those lost in the ferry disaster.
- They stopped dancing and he gazed down at her with a solemn expression.
- The police officer was quite solemn as he told the woman about her son’s death.
- In a solemn voice, the flight attendant told the passengers to fasten their seatbelts in preparation for takeoff.
In Tagalog, the aforementioned sentences could be translated as:
- Nagulat ang mga tagahanga ng komedyante nang malaman niyang gagampanan niya ang isang pormal na karakter sa kanyang bagong pelikula.
- Si Brock ay gumawa ng isang taimtim na pangako sa kanyang kasintahan na hinding-hindi na niya ito lolokohin.
- Ang mga tao ay naging mataimtim sa seremonya upang alalahanin ang mga nawala sa paglubog ng barko.
- Tumigil sila sa pagsasayaw at tumingin sa kanya na may mataimtim na ekspresyon.
- Ang pulis ay medyo taimtim habang sinabi niya sa babae ang tungkol sa pagkamatay ng kanyang anak.
- Sa isang pormal na boses, sinabi ng flight attendant sa mga pasahero na ikabit ang kanilang mga seatbelt bilang paghahanda sa paglipad.
You may also read: Relics in Tagalog – English to Tagalog Translation
Thank you for visiting Philnews.ph. You may express your thoughts and reactions below through the comment section. You may also follow us on Facebook, on Twitter, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.