in:

No Proof That SUV Owner Jose Antonio Sanvicente Ran Over Hit-and-Run Victim, PNP Says

PNP admitted having no proof that SUV owner Jose Antonio Sanvicente ran over a security guard in the viral hit-and-run incident.

Last week, the viral hit-and-run incident involving a white SUV that rammed a security guard identified as Christian Joseph Floralde becomes the headlines of local news outlets and social media pages.

Floralde gets hospitalized and suffered serious injuries due to the incident. Luckily, the latter has been released from the hospital although he did not fully recover yet. He decided to sue the driver.

PNP

The SUV driver will face charges of frustrated murder and abandonment of one’s victim. The registered owner of the SUV has been identified as Jose Antonio Sanvicente.

The Land Transportation Office has also revoked the SUV owner’s driver’s license for failing to appear in two hearings. He is also disqualified from getting another driver’s license.

On Wednesday (June 15, 2022), the Philippine National Police admitted to having no proof that Jose Antonio Sanvicente ran over a security guard in Mandaluyong City during the hit-and-run incident.

PNP

However, PNP spokesperson Police Col. Jean Fajardo explained that the registered owner rule can help them make San Vicente liable for the incident.“We have no proof that Mr. Sanvicente was the one driving the car, but we also have this registered owner rule,” Fajardo said.

Fajardo also said that the accusations may be disproved if the registered owner can present evidence that the vehicle has been transferred to another person or someone is driving the car other than him.

The netizens expressed their reactions to the post:

What can you say about this incident? Just feel free to leave your comments and reactions to this article.

Thank you for visiting Philippine Trending News (Philnews.ph). You may also follow us on the following social media platforms; FacebookTwitter, and YouTube.