Counterpart of Kanlungan in English & Sample Sentences
KANLUNGAN IN ENGLISH – Are you looking for the English translation of the term “kanlungan”? Here’s its English counterpart.
Undeniably, a lot of people are doubtful when it comes to the translations of certain Tagalog words in English. In this article, we will review the meaning of the term “kanlungan”. We will also discover its counterpart in the English language.
What is “kanlungan”?
Kanlungan is a Tagalog term that is usually used to refer to a place giving temporary protection to another person or thing from an external situation. It may also be used to refer to a person who gives the feeling of warmth, love, and support to another.
You may also visit – Mahapdi in English – Translate “Mahapdi” in English
What is “kanlungan” in English?
After knowing about the exact meaning of the word, surely many of us want to know not only the English translation of the word kanlungan but also some examples of sentences using it.
Kanlungan in English = Shelter
Mga halimbawa ng mga pangungusap na gumagamit ng salitang kanlungan:
1. Si Ferdinand ang naging kanlungan ni Maria nang itakwil siya ng mga magulang niya.
2. Ang kanilang bahay rin ba ang nagsilbing kanlungan ng kanilang mga kapitbahay matapos humagupit ang bagyo?
3. Pinasalamatan mo ba si Roger dahil naging kanlungan siya ng mga bata habang wala ka?
4. Hindi inakala ni Damon na ang mga kapatid pa ni Venice ang magiging kanlungan niya nang mawala ito.
5. Palaging sinasabi ni Iggy na ang Diyos ang kanyang kanlungan sa anumang panahon sa kanyang buhay.
Examples of sentences using the term shelter:
1. Cedie became Dianne’s shelter amid all the struggles that life is bringing her.
2. The apartment of Rosa was turned into a shelter for those who lost their homes to the earthquake.
3. Do you think Paul will agree to spend some nights at the shelter?
4. They brought the dogs to a shelter to protect them from the risks of being on the road.
5. Were you also surprised when Ino became your shelter from all the criticism from his own family?
Thank you for visiting Philnews.ph. You may express your thoughts and reactions below through the comment section. You may also follow us on Facebook, on Twitter, and subscribe to our YouTube channel Philnews Ph.
For other English-Tagalog translations…