What is Abjure in Tagalog?
ABJURE IN TAGALOG – There are several English words that do not have a direct translation in Filipino, that’s why we need context to fully translate them.
In this article, we are going to learn about the Tagalog translation of this word based on context.
Abjure means to solemnly renounce (a belief, cause, or claim).
In Tagalog, it can be translated as “TUMANGGI“, “ITAKWIL” or “KASUKLAMAN.”
Here are some example sentences using this word:
- The conqueror tried to make the natives abjure their religion.
- The film upholds the value of compassion and abjures all forms of retribution.
- The thing which we absolutely abjure and abhor is the idea that there should be first and second-class citizens.
- In order to marry the peasant he loved, the prince made the decision to abjure his title.
- Although the chocolate cake is Martha’s favorite dessert, she has chosen to abjure it while on her diet.
- Even though Tom made a promise to abjure from criminal acts, he continued to break the law.
In Tagalog, the aforementioned sentences could be translated as:
- Sinubukan ng mananakop na itakwil ng mga katutubo ang kanilang relihiyon.
- Itinataguyod ng pelikula ang halaga ng pakikiramay at tinatanggihan ang lahat ng anyo ng paghihiganti.
- Ang bagay na lubos nating kinasusuklaman ay ang ideya na dapat magkaroon ng una at pangalawang uri ng mga mamamayan.
- Upang pakasalan ang magsasaka na kanyang minamahal, nagpasya ang prinsipe na itakwil ang kanyang titulo.
- Bagama’t ang chocolate cake ay ang paboritong dessert ni Martha, pinili niyang tanggihan ito habang nasa kanyang diyeta.
- Bagama’t nangako si Tom na aalis sa mga gawaing kriminal, patuloy niyang nilabag ang batas.
You may also read: Subjugate in Tagalog – English to Tagalog Translation
Thank you for visiting Philnews.ph. You may express your thoughts and reactions below through the comment section. You may also follow us on Facebook, on Twitter, and subscribe to our YouTube channel Philnews Ph.