What are the common sports injuries? Here are the answers.
COMMON SPORTS INJURIES – These are the common injuries that can be encountered by athletes and officiating and officials.
In doing, it’s not only the mind that gets involved to win, the physical ability also plays a great role and is just as significant as the mental ability. And because the body tends to get the most work, there are surely a lot of untoward accidents that may happen eventually causing injuries.
Injury is defined generally as any harm due to accidents, falls, hits, weapons, and more. It can range from minor ones to life-threatening ones and this can happen anytime, anywhere. With just a wrong move, you might get a sprained ankle and it doesn’t matter if you play indoors or outdoors.
Here are the common injuries of athletes and officiating officials:
- Strains – this include pulled hamstrings, pulled groin muscles and strained quads caused by movements or stretches that are excessively done or way too over that how much your body could ever handle.
- Sprains – any types of sprain like ankle sprains, knee sprains, wrist and elbow sprains, and others are painful and takes a longer times to heal compared to strains.
- Knee injuries – doing warm-ups, stretches and good posture can help prevent this. This type of injury is most common and in worst cases, some requires surgery.
- Fractures – refer to broken bones. This can cause immobility and often happens when doing impact and contact sports. Avoid playing through the pain, wear the right gears, warming up, work out and, practice good technique in order to prevent fractures.
- Back injuries/back pain – playing sports can cause pressure in your back, thus, the pain. In keeping your back muscles strong and flexible, do a regular low-impact activities, some warm-ups, and eat healthy to address your body’s need for nutrients.
- Concussion – this is very crucial and dangerous because it affects the brain. It may affect brain activity and in many cases, this can get serious following a blow to the head.
- Katangian Ng Komiks – Ano Ang Mga Katangian Ng Isang Komiks?
- Kesz Valdez Biography – An International Children’s Peace Prize Awardee
What can you say about this? Let us know!
For more news and updates, follow us on Twitter:@philnews_ph Facebook:@PhilNews and; YouTube channel Philnews Ph.