Bongbong Marcos, Sara Duterte Tandem Banned to Hold Event in QC Memorial Circle
The tandem of presidential aspirant Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. and vice-presidential aspirant Sara Duterte-Cario is allegedly banned from holding events in QC Memorial Circle.
Representative Mike Defensor of the Anakalusugan party-list claims that his request to use the Quezon Memorial Circle for a gathering of former Senator Bongbong Marcos and Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte was denied. He stated that he chose QMC since the Bongbong-Sara duo has a large fan base.
“Sumulat ako sa Quezon Memorial Circle kasi yan lang ang nakikita naming venue, alam mo naman kapag si Bongbong Marcos at tsaka si Inday Sara ang nandyan ay napakaraming tao,” said Defensor.
The calendar of events at the QMC was purportedly verified by Defensor’s personnel, who found December 8 to be empty. The municipal authority of Quezon City, on the other hand, claimed that a reservation had already been made.
“Nung tinitignan nila bakante yung December 8, ngayon bigla-bigla sinasabi nung administrator ng QMC nag-reserve daw ang Quezon City government,” Defensor added.
Marcos was also denied permission to motorcade or rally in the city during the 2016 elections, according to Defensor. Despite the opposition, Marcos was elected vice president of Quezon City, according to him.
“Nung mga panahong yun hindi nila pinapayagan si Bongbong Marcos na magkaroon ng motorcade dito o magkaroon ng rally sa Quezon City, bagamat ganun nanalo pa rin naman si Bongbong Marcos sa Quezon City as vice president. Ngayon gagawin na naman nila yan kay presidential candidate Bongbong Marcos,” Defensor said.
Defensor also advised the QMC leadership to stay out of politics. He appealed to the local administration, stating that the tandem need such a large venue due to the large number of people expected, as well as the fact that it is public property and not theirs.
“Hindi nila pag-aari yan, publiko yan. And alam naman nila na pag itong dalawa nagsama…. Kailangan talaga ganito kalaking lugar dahil sa dami ng sumusunod at nakikinig,” he explained.
Meanwhile, the Quezon City government issued a statement dismissing Defensor’s claims as fake. According to the statement, the facility their group requested for the event is not designed for such events. Needless to say, an alternative location was suggested and given.
Defensor replied by sending media links to websites where they could view video footage from a 2016 political event held by former Vice President Leni Robredo and DILG Sec. Mar Roxas At QMC. Former Liberal Party regional leaders, the Belmontes, previously backed the Roxas-Robredo ticket.
“Mayor Joy Belmonte promptly rejected the request, saying that QMC is not meant for such activities,” Defensor said in a statement. “This is to disprove Belmonte’s claim that QMC is not meant for such activities.”
What are your thoughts on this article? Just feel free to leave your reactions in the comment section.