Juan Miguel Severo became a trending topic on social media due to this
Poet-actor Juan Miguel Severo, who is also the creator and writer of the Boy’s Love (BL) series Gaya Sa Pelikula, is allegedly being accused of harassment by actor Paolo Pangilinan.
The said BL series stars Paolo and Ian Pangilinan. They portrayed the characters of two college students who struggled with their family issues and self-identities. This project was first streamed on YouTube for free in September last year. Due to its popularity, Netflix grabbed it for viewers in Southeast Asia.
The success of this BL series, apparently has an intriguing issue behind it. Based on the article in Tribune, Paolo Pangilinan shared a tweet on June 20 about harassers.
“Basta yung sakin lang harassers shouldn’t assert be put in positions of power esp when they’ve been reported already thank u no delete,” he tweeted. He also warned the person he was talking about to hide because he is waiting.
Although he did not mention the name of Juan Miguel Severo, one netizen with the user name @littlebirdyyy tweeted on June 21 that the management of Cornerstone Entertainment, the one handling Paolo, is planning to file charges against the creator of the BL series.
“Cornerstone pao’s management is now planning to file charges against Juan Miguel Severo a.k.a. Gege as he harassed Pao several times and there are three other victims,” the netizen stated.
Reportedly, Juan Miguel has deactivated his Twitter account amid this issue. In line with this issue, Quark Henares, head of production outfit Globe Studios which is distributing the series, has this statement that he posted on Twitter.
“Woke up to some disturbing texts and tweets. looking into it right now, guys 🙁 this is shocking to us too. the safety of our talents is of the utmost importance to us so know that action will be swift and firm,” he said.
What can you say about this?