What Is Paubaya In English? (Answers)
PAUBAYA IN ENGLISH – There are several Filipino words that do not have a direct translation in English, that’s why we need context to fully translate them.
In this article, we are going to learn about the English translation of the word “Paubaya ” based on context.
Moira Dela Torre’s new song “Paubaya” has left fans feeling a sense of melancholy yet again. Her song depicts the feeling of letting go someone dear to you. But what exactly does it translate to in English?
In a straight forward translation, “paubaya” means “to entrust” or “to leave it to someone”. Meanwhile, in Moira’s song, it means to entrust somebody you loved to another person.
Here are some example sentences:
- Ipaubaya mo sa langit ang lahat ng iyong problema, Peter.
- Sabi ni Hector, ipapa-ubaya niya na lang ang aso niya sa kanyang kapatid.
- Pinapaubaya ko na sa kaniya ang aking minamahal na sinta.
- Ipauubaya ko ito sa kanilang klase kasi aalis na ang ibang guro.
In English, these sentences can be translated as:
- Leave all your problems to heaven, Peter.
- Hector said he’s going to entrust his dog to his brother.
- I’m going to entrust to him the love of my life.
- I’m leaving this to the other class because the other teachers are about to leave.
For other English-Tagalog translations…