Mayor Isko Moreno Now Allow 24/7 Operation of Takeout and Delivery Services
Manila City Mayor Isko Moreno now allows the 24/7 operation of takeout and food delivery services in the capital amid the general community quarantine.
President Rodrigo Duterte previously downgrades the modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) in Metro Manila. With this, some services such as restaurant dine-in and salon services have resumed their operation.
On Wednesday, Mayor Isko issued an executive order allowing 24/7 take-out and delivery services of some restaurants and fast-food chains who usually offer 24 hours’ services before the pandemic.
Based on the report of ABS-CBN News, Mayor Isko said it was the city’s government‘s “own little way” of protecting business and rebooting the economy sapped by the global pandemic.
“In the meantime, we must learn how to live while there is COVID-19, and at the same time, we must learn to go back to work safely and to discipline ourselves, for us to help stimulate our economy,” Moreno said in a statement.
Under Executive Order No. 35, restaurants are allowed to operate beyond the curfew hours of the city. But the restaurants shall only cater to those authorized outside of the residence.
Under the eased quarantine rule, all food establishments are allowed to operate at 30 percent of the area’s capacity, provided it strictly adheres to the minimum public health standards at all times. Restaurants must also adhere to the protocols set by the departments of tourism, trade, and industry, labor and employment, and health.
READ ALSO: Metro Manila Curfew: Mayors Agree To Have It Unified Until August 31
What can you say about this article? Just feel free to leave your reactions in the comment section.