Rep. Alfred Vargas debunks ABS-CBN franchise voting result circulating online.
ABS-CBN FRANCHISE – Rep. Alfred Vargas speaks about the initial tally of votes circulating online regarding the ABS-CBN franchise renewal case.
Previously, a certain newspaper claimed that the ABS-CBN is doomed as they released a tally of votes of lawmakers who voted “Yes” or “No”. The majority opposed over the renewal which indicates that the network’s renewal is futile.
And now, in a report from PEP, several lawmakers got confused as to where the certain “results” have come from if the summation will happen on Thursday, July 9. And among those who reacted to this “leakage” circulating online is Congressman Alfred Vargas of District 5 of Quezon City.
“That’s not true! That’s fake news,” says the actor turned politician who is also wondering where it all came from. He also vowed to make an official statement soon. Congressman Dan Fernandez of First District of Laguna, meanwhile, said that the votes are just mere perceptions and is bound to change.
He stressed to study the issues being laid first before coming up with a decision. And the decision should be based on the result of the assessed alleged violations committed by the network as per report.
In a previous article, on the other hand, Senate Majority Leader Migz Zubiri expressed his sadness if the Congress would not grant the franchise renewal of the biggest media company in the country. His heart goes to the people who will lose their job and to those who will lose their only source of information and entertainment, especially, in those far-flung areas.
- Atom Araullo Hits Representative Defensor Following ABS-CBN Issues
- Regine [Velasquez] Expresses Sentiments If ABS-CBN Shuts Down
What can you say about this? Let us know!