Cinemalaya 2020 Announces 10 Finalists For Short Film Category
CINEMALAYA 2020 – Here are the 10 finalists who will compete in Cinemalaya’s Online Short Film Festival.
Across the world, movie theaters and cinemas have been closed. Some movie festivals were postponed or canceled.
The Cinemalaya Philippine Independent Film Festival will be holding an online short film festival and competition this coming August 7 to 16. This is the first time the country’s biggest independent festival will transition into a virtual theater.
Based on a report from Manila Bulletin, Cinemalaya Philippine Independent Film Festival announced the 10 finalist for the short film category this year.
Here are the 10 finalists:
- Ang Pagpakalma sa Unos (To Calm the Pig Inside) by Joanna Vasquez Arong
- Ang Gasgas na Plaka ni Lolo Bert by Janina Gacosta and Cheska Marfori
- Utwas by Richard Jeroui Salvadico and Arlie Sweet Sumagaysay
- Excuse Me Miss Miss, Miss by Sonny Calvento
- The Slums by Jan Andrei Cobey
- Fatigued by James Robin M. Mayo
- Pabasa Kan Pasyon by Hubert Tibi
- Living Things by Martika Ramirez Escobar
- Tokwifi by Carla Pulido Ocampo
- Quing Lalam ning Aldo (Under the Sun) by Reeden Fajardo
According to the report, Cinemalaya Philippine Independent Film Festival focuses on Cinemalaya Retrospectives, Gawad CCP Para sa Alternatibong Pelikula at Video, Short Films in Competition, Short Films in Exhibition and many more.
What can you say about this article? Leave your comments and reactions below.