Barangay In Cebu Defies Quarantine Rules
BARANGAY IN CEBU – A barangay in Cebu City violated the “enhanced community quarantine” (ECQ) protocol.
Philippine President Rodrigo Roa Duterte said the country’s fight against the 2019 novel coronavirus is not over yet. He previously placed Luzon and most provinces in Visayas and Mindanao under “enhanced community quarantine” (ECQ) to curb the spread of the virus.
Last May 16, the 75-year-old chief executive downgraded the community quarantine to a “general community quarantine” (GCQ). High-risk cities and provinces were under GCQ while most parts of the country were under MGCQ.
On June 15, President Rodrigo Roa Duterte decided to place Cebu on lockdown following the increase of COVID-19 cases in the city. Department of Health (DOH) Secretary Francisco Duque III cited the “increasing number of cases and widespread community transmission.” in most Barangays in Cebu City.
Based on a report from Superbalita Cebu, a Barangay in Cebu City pushed through their procession and street dancing amid the ECQ. The photos of the devotees participating in the event went viral on social media. It can also be seen in the pictures that some residents went outside to watch the procession at Sitio Alumnus in Barangay Basak San Nicolas last night.
Barangay Basak celebrate the feast of San Juan Bautista and Santo Niño. According to the report, the said barangay is one of the 12 barangays that are under close monitoring. The post has garnered 15K reactions, 7.7K comments and 11K shares as of this writing.
Here are the photos:
What can you say about this article? Leave your comments and reactions below.