DOLE Says 100,000 Employers Waiting for Cash Assistance
CASH ASSISTANCE – Amid the coronavirus lockdown, around 100,000 employers were left waiting for cash aid from the government.
According to the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) more than 100,000 employers are waiting for payment. Based on a report from ABS-CBN, their applications have already been processed.
However, Assistant Secretary Dominique Rubia stated that the Department of Budget and Management was swamped by the number of applications. Meanwhile, some of the budgets would be released on April 1.
As per the report, the evaluation from the regional office and cash had already been prepared for disbursement. Furthermore, the cash could be given through the employer’s bank account if it has a payroll system.
Although, it could be sent directly to employees through money remittance centers. Additionally, around 2,433 informal workers in Metro Manila had received cash assistance from DOLE.
Moreover, the next payout was said to be released from April 6 to April 7 with over 17,660 formal workers and 31,190 informal workers respectively.
Additionally, the government is said to give out cards that could monitor how much financial aid a citizen has received from its agencies. Afterward, under Rodrigo Duterte’s stimulus law, around 18 million families are to receive P5,000 to P8,000.
Halimbawa po, dito sa NCR, nakapagbigay na kami ng P5,000. Ita-top-up na lang po yung remaining amount kasi P8,000 po ang threshold dito sa NCR.
Currently, there have been close to 800,000 confirmed cases of COVID-19 worldwide. In addition, over 37,000 have died due to the virus. Meanwhile, 165,607 have recovered from it.
In the Philippines, the total number of cases had risen by 128. This totals to 1,546 confirmed reports of COVID-19 in the country with 78 recorded fatalities.
Like this article? READ ALSO: Poor Old Man Left to Fend for Himself Amid Coronavirus Outbreak in PH