Answers To The Question: What Is Political Socialization?
POLITICAL SOCIALIZATION – Politics could be traced back to the earliest civilizations, governments, and is a foundation of order.
As such, it is important for us to learn about politics for it shapes our view in the socio-economic landscapes of our communities.-
In this article, we are going to learn about political socialization. According to Wikipedia, it is the internalization of a political lens and how individuals frame their perceptions of power.
In turn, this shapes a person’s view on who they are, their stand on issues (or lack thereof) and defines their behavior in the political and economic landscapes.
AGENTS OF SOCIALIZATION – There are 6 agents of socialization which starts at the most basic fundamental of society – family.
- As you grow up, the families you live with highly influences your political and ideological views.
- The majority of the population would have experienced a form of education. As such, politics is being taught at an early age.
- As a source of political information, it could also influence an individual’s political beliefs
- Although most democratic catholic countries separate the church and state, the church still holds heavy influence on the political landscape
- Political Parties
- Political parties have very little direct influence on a child due to a contrast of social factors such as age, context, power, etc.
- The State
- A key source of information for media outlets. However, it could inform, misinform, or disinform the public through the press.
Like this article? READ ALSO: Why Is The Moon A Satellite Of Earth? (ANSWER)