DOH Confirms First Case of Coronavirus in PH
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE – The Department of Health confirmed the first case of 2019 novel coronavirus in the Philippines.
On Thursday (January 30, 2020), Health Secretary Francisco Duque confirmed that the Philippines has now the first case of nCoV. Duque said that a 38-year-old Chinese patient under investigation has been infected by the disease.
The first carrier of coronavirus in the country reportedly came from Wuhan, China, the epicenter of the virus outbreak. The woman arrived in Manila via Hong Kong last January 21, 2020.
According to the Health Department, the woman reportedly visited Cebu and Dumaguete. DOH Epidemiology Bureau Director Ferchito Avelino said that the authorities would also check the establishments that she went to and trace the people she had been in contact with.
The novel coronavirus has become the headlines of both local and international outlets in the Philippines. The health scare prompted a lot of countries to implement stricter rules and regulations in monitoring travelers from China.
The World Health Organization reported that the virus has symptoms of fever, cough, shortness of breath, and breathing difficulties.
This is a developing story, just visit this website regularly or refresh the page for updates.
What can you say about this? Just feel free to leave your comments and reactions to this article.