San Juan Fire Likely Caused By An Unattended Rice Cooker Leaves 22 Families Homeless
SAN JUAN CITY FIRE – The fire that razed a residential area in Barangay West Crame, San Juan City was likely caused by an unattended rice cooker.
According to an article by Philstar, the fire was reported at around 1 p.m. Authorities were called about a fire at the corner of Road 9 and 1st West Crame.
The residential area hit by the flames was also near Club Filipino and Greenhills. Due to the quick response by the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP), the flame was put out in less than two hours.
As the smoked cleared and the fire was nulled, the BFP said the fire destroyed four houses. In addition, it left 22 families homeless. The damage dealt by the flames was estimated at P500,000.
As per the article, BFP San Juan investigators suspected that an unattended rice cooker could have been the culprit that started the fire. However, the BFP is still looking for possible causes.
Luckily, nobody was severely injured during the fire. The victims escaped with minor scrapes and bruises which were immediately treated by medics.
According to the BFP, their 20 firetruck crews were able to respond immediately due to the “no parking policy” along Greenhills streets. This policy was strictly enforced by the city Government starting last year.
Also, the government has promised to extend much-needed aid to the victims of the fire.
Thanks for reading. We aim to provide our readers with the freshest and most in-demand content. Come back next time for the latest news here on Philnews.
Like this article? READ ALSO: Fireman Almost Died After A Piece Of Popcorn Stuck In His Teeth