ADHD – Meaning, Signs, Diagnosis, Treament, Advice To Parents
ADHD – Here are the following meaning, signs, diagnosis, treatment, and advice to parents on a medical condition called ADHD.
According to KidsHealth, ADHD stands for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. A person with this disorder has differences in the development and activity of the brain which affects attention, the ability to stay still, and self control.
- People with this disorder have a hard time focusing their attention, concentrating, and staying on task. They might be incapable of listening well to directions, missing important details, and unable to finish what they started.
- They tend to be fidgety, restless, and easily bored. They can possibly rush through things
- People with ADHD have the tendency to act without thinking and interrupt, push or grab, and find it hard to wait.
- Vision and Hearing Check-up
- Doctors interrogating a person’s health, behavior, and activity
They would confirm that a person has the disorder if:
- His/her distractibility, hyperactivity, or impulsivity go beyond what’s usual for their age.
- The behaviors have been going on since he/she was young.
- Distractibility, hyperactivity, and impulsivity affect him or her at school and at home.
- A health check shows that another health or learning issue isn’t causing the problems.
- Behavior therapy
- Parent coaching
- School Support
Advice to Parents
- Be involved
- Give medicines safely
- Work with the school the person is enrolled in
- Parent with purpose and warmth
- Connect with others for support and awareness