Every foodie should try this Turkish street foods.
TURKISH STREET FOODS – Here are some of the must-try mouth-watering street foods of Turkey every traveler should try.
Every foodie’s cdream is to eat every local food of every country and when you happen to go to Turkey, here are some of the best street foods they that you must try to eat at least once!
Check out these Turkish street foods below:
- Simit – This freshly baked, sesame-encrusted breakfast staple is equivalent to an American bagel. It has a hard crust on the outside and soft and tasty on the inside.
- Durum – This is quite similar to kebab and doner. It has a savory filling inside of either chicken or beef along with some grilled peppers and tomatoes. Also, always specify the level of the spiciness you prefer.
- Midye Dolma – Mussels served on a half-shell and a bed of spicy rice with a squeeze of lemon. You certainly shouldn’t miss this!
- Kokorec – This is spiced lamb intestines grilled and served similar to that of a sandwich on either a half or quarter loaf of bread.
- Tavuk pilav – A dish with chicken and rice but a cheap and filling meal you shouldn’t miss out. This is Turk’s national favorite.
- Borek – This is a pastry filled of cheese, spinach and/or meat perfect with a cup of steaming hot Turkish tea.
- Lahmacun – This is also known as “Turkish Pizza” prepared out of a thin dough with minced meat, onions and red peppers on top. It is great with a squeezed lemon on it and with cold ayran (salty yogurt drink).
- PINOY FOOD: Check Out These Must-Eat Filipino Street Foods
- MALAYSIAN STREET FOODS – Street Foods In Malaysia That You Must Try
- Vietnamese Street Foods – Best Foods To Eat In Streets Of Vietnam
What can you say about this?