What are the best Indonesian street foods?
INDONESIAN STREET FOODS – Here are some of the best street foods you can find in Indonesia which you will probably love.
In every country, the food is a must try for every tourist in order to taste what it’s like to be in that particular location. All foods are indeed mouth-watering but here are some dishes we can find in the streets of Indonesia which every tourist must eat.
Find out below:
- Sate Ayam / Sate Kambing (satay) – Sate ayam is chicken sate and sate kambing is goat sate common in Jakarta grilled and basically cooks quickly and juicy.
- Sate Padang (Padang satay) – This is usually made of beef pieces, beef tongue, and offal marinated in a mixture of spices and grilled.
- Soto Betawi (Jakarta soup) – This dish is prepared with boiled beef, aromatic herbs like lemongrass and Indonesian bay leaves, and flavored with candlenut, galangal, garlic, shallots, and usually a combination of both fresh cow milk and coconut milk for a creamy soup.
- Bakso (Indonesian meatballs) – This cuisine comes with minced meat mixed in some tapioca starch, noodles where you can choose from either thin white rice noodles, and yellow egg noodles (I’m a fan of egg noodles). This is served as non-spicy but there are always these chilies and seasonings to add if you want.
- Nasi Goreng (fried rice) – This is fried rice cooked with margarine and oil, seasoned with crushed chili sambal and garlic and the ingredients, and kecap manis for an Indonesian kick of taste.
- Gudeg (stewed jackfruit) – Considered as a national dish, this has stewed young jackfruit braised with palm sugar, coconut milk, bay leaves, lemongrass, and galangal. This is served with rice with common side dishes that include chicken, and curried cow skin.
- COUNTRIES – List Of All Countries In The World In Alphabetical Order
- EGYPT – The Most Unique Activities You Can Do When You Visit Egypt
- INDIAN STREET FOODS – Some Of The Best Foods You Can Find In Streets Of India
What can you say about this? Let us know!