35 Students From Imus, Cavite Experience Symptoms of Food Poisoning
35 STUDENTS – Authorities said the 35 high school students from Imus, Cavite were victims of food poisoning.
Food poisoning is an illness caused by swallowing contaminated food. The viruses and bacteria that are present on the food may harm a person’s health.
Symptoms of this illness include abdominal cramps, vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, and fever.
Recently, GMA-7 actress and beauty queen Megan Young took to the social media to reveal that she suffered from food poisoning.
However, the 29-year-old celebrity did not reveal how and why she had food poisoning.
Meanwhile, students from Imus Institute of Science and Technology also suffered the same illness earlier yesterday.
Based on a report from ABS-CBN News, 35 students from Cavite have been suffering from abdominal pains and vomiting for two days now.
The high school students claimed that the iced tea they drank might be the culprit of their illness. Authorities said 15 of them were immediately brought to the school clinic.
ABS-CBN reporter, April Rafales Tweeted the statement of PDRRMO Chief of Ops, Lt. Col. Roy Castronuevo about 20 students who were brought to the hospital today.
“20 high school students of Imus Institute of Science and Technology were rushed to Our Lady of Pillar Medical Center this morning due to stomach pain and vomiting, after drinking iced tea yesterday afternoon.”
A few hours ago she made a follow-up report about the incident.
“Castronuevo says it must have been a delayed reaction because 15 other students who suffered stomachache after drinking the same beverage were treated at the school infirmary yesterday,” she wrote.
Initial info from PDRRMO Chief of Ops, Lt. Col. Roy Castronuevo:
20 high school students of Imus Institute of Science and Technology were rushed to Our Lady of Pillar Medical Center this morning due to stomach pain and vomiting, after drinking iced tea yesterday afternoon.
— April Rafales (@aprilrafales) July 11, 2019
We can all hope that those students have recovered from food poisoning.
What can you say about this article? Leave your comment and reactions below.