FIBA Finally Releases Decision On Gilas Pilipinas-Australia Brawl
The International Basketball Federation also known as FIBA has finally released its decision on controversial Gilas Pilipinas-Australia brawl.
Over the past few weeks, FIBA 2018 has been one of the most discussed and most controversial topics worldwide due to the awful brawl between Gilas Pilipinas and Australia last July 02, 2018.
Several members of the Philippine national basketball team and Australia players have been removed from the game due to the riot.
Recently, FIBA has already completed its investigation regarding the controversial brawl and finally release its decision.
FIBA suspends ten players and two coaches of Gilas Pilipinas for their involvement on brawl during the Fiba World Cup Asian Qualifiers against Australia.
Here are the sanctions received by the Filipino players:
- Calvin Abueva – Banned for 6 games
- Roger Pogoy – Banned for 5 games
- Carl Cruz – Banned for 5 games
- Jio Jalalon – Banned for 5 games
- Terence Romeo – 3-game suspension
- Jayson Castro William – 3-game suspension
- Andray Blatche – 3-game suspension
- Jeth Troy Rosario – 3-game suspension
- Japeth Aguilar – 1-game suspension
- Matthew Wright1-game suspension
Here are the sanctions received by the Pinoy coaches:
- Assistant Coach Joseph Uichico – 3-game suspension
- Chot Reyes – 1-game suspension and fined with P534, 834
What can you say about this? Just feel free to leave your comments and reactions to this article.