The Top 15 finalists of the country’s most popular songwriting and music video competition, ‘Himig Handog P-Pop Love Songs 2014″ have been revealed.
The Top 15 entries of this year’s competition were rolled down from more than 6,000 entries submitted last November 2013 all over the country and even abroad.
Himig Handog 2014 will also feature love songs which will be interpreted by some of the renowned artists here in the country. In the previous edition of the competition, the entries were interpreted by the local artists with the accompanying videos courtesy of the students from different colleges in the country.
The songwriting competition has spawned various hits including the previous edition grand winner “Anong Nangyari Sa Ating Dalawa” which was performed by Aiza Seguerra.
Himig Handog is a multimedia songwriting competition which debuted on 200o until 2003 and was later revived in 2013. Here are the Top 15 finalists of Himig Handog 2014:
- “Bumabalik ang Nagdaan” – Sarah Jane Gandia, California
- “Everything Takes Time” – Hazel dela Cruz, Manila
- “Dito” – Raizo Chabeldin and Biv de Vera, Metro Manila
- “Pare, Mahal Mo Raw Ako” – Jovinor Tan, Quezon City
- “Akin Ka Na Lang” – Francis Louis Salazar, Quezon City
- “If You Don’t Want to Fall” – Jude Gitamondoc, Cebu
- “Simpleng Tulad Mo” – Meljohn Magno, Laguna
- “Mahal Kita Pero” – Melchora Mabilog, Laguna
- “Pumapag-ibig” – Jungee Marcelo, Pasig
- “Hanggan Kailan” – Jose Joel Mendoza, Mandaluyong
- “Mahal Ko o Mahal Ako” – Edwian Marollano, Muntinlupa
- “Seven Minutes” – Mary Grace Gabor, Taguig
- “Walang Basagan ng Trip” – Eric de Leon, Malabon
- “Umiiyak ang Puso” – Rolando Azar, San Juan
- “Halik sa Hangin” – David Dimaguila, Cainta