The Philippines latest top-grossing movie, Maybe This Time already earned more than P117.3 Million after Two (2) weeks of nationwide showing in various theaters across the country.
The movie featuring Sarah Geronimo and Coco Martin already reached its P100 million milestones last week, one of the few movies in Philippines that reached the P100 million mark.
In terms of overall Philippine box office income, the Hollywood movie titled “Maleficent” dominated the box office income in the country with more than P300.7 mmillion in box office income. The movie featuring Angelina Jolie already ruled the country’s box office income for the second week in a row beating the debut of the romantic movie “The Fault in Our Stars,” and Tom Cruise movie “The Edge of Tomorrow” for the time frame June 4-8, 2014.
The local movie “Maybe This Time,” is currently overpowered by the three Hollywood movies and settled for No. 4 in its second week of showing, based upon the latest rankings released by independent tabulator Box Office Mojo.
Here are the List of The Top 7 Movies in the Philippines (June 4-8, 2014):
|1||1||Maleficent||82,661,856 PHP||300,743,389 PHP||2|
|2||N||The Fault in our Stars||51,468,092 PHP||51,468,092 PHP||1|
|3||N||Edge of Tomorrow||41,040,938 PHP||41,040,938 PHP||1|
|4||2||Maybe This Time||28,057,638 PHP||117,311,368 PHP||2|
|5||3||X-Men: Days of Future Past||17,307,433 PHP||299,784,786 PHP||3|
|6||N||Pee Mak Prakanong||1,388,021 PHP||1,388,021 PHP||1|
|7||–||Godzilla (2014)||804,437 PHP||155,146,628 PHP||4|
Highest Grossing Philippine Movie for the Year 2014 So Far: (June 10, 2014)
1. Starting Over Again (Star Cinema) – P410-M
2. Bride for Rent (Star Cinema) – P326.95-M
3. Da Possessed (Star Cinema) – P122.6-M
4. Diary ng Panget (Viva Films) – P119.5-M
5. Maybe This Time (Star Cinema) – P117.3-M *
6. The Illegal Wife (Star Cinema) – P50-M *
7. ABNKKBSNPLAko?! The Movie (Viva) – P8.6-M
8. Mumbai Love (Indie) – P488,340.00
9. Sa Ngalan ng Ama, Ina at mga Anak (Star Cinema) – undisclosed
10. Basement (Springboard) – undisclosed