The Komisyon sa Wikinag Filipino (KWF) and the Department of Education (DepED) will spearhead the celebration of the “Buwan ng Wikang Pambansa” this coming August 2013.
The celebration will start from August 1 to 31, 2013 in pursuant of Presidential Decree No. 1041, s. 1997. This year’s theme is “Wika Natin ang Daang Matuwid.”
Buwan ng Wikang Pambansa aims to fulfill the following:
- To fully implement Presidential Decree No. 1041, s. 1997
- Encourage the different government agencies and the private sector to join programs as such that increases the language and civic awareness.
- Motivate the Filipino people to value the Filipino language by being part of the activities in relation to Buwan ng Wikang Pambansa.
The main theme is subdivided into five themes, which will serve as a guide for all the activities that will be made this month. They are as follows:
- Ang Wika Natin ay Wika ng Katarungan at Kapayapaan
- Ang Wika Natin ay Laban sa Katiwalian
- Ang Wika Natin ay Sandata Laban sa Kahirapan
- Ang Wika Natin ay Wika ng Mabilisan, Inklusibo, at Sustenidong Kaunlaran
- Ang Wika Natin ay Wika sa Pangangalaga ng Kapaligiran
For details here’s the Buwan ng Wikang Pambansa 2013 memo: